Plus—Joining The ALLIANCE Is Now Sliding Scale
DECEMBER 5, 2016
ABOUT OUR NAME CHANGE
We are excited to announce that beginning on January 1, 2017 (gently transitioning over the next 4 weeks), the National Alliance for Media Arts and Culture, known as NAMAC, will become the Alliance for Media Arts and Culture, known as The ALLIANCE. We are thrilled to have a name that honors our history, is easier to pronounce correctly, not an acronym, and transcends geographical boundaries!
We are gearing up for an incredible 2017—providing support to the media arts field, deepening the cultural impact of artists and arts organizations, facilitating collaborative and multigenerational work across sectors, enabling access to innovation, and advocating for freedom of expression and sustainability. Our commitment to creative leadership, equity and inclusion is unflagging, and we believe that this work matters now more than ever.
Regarding ALLIANCE Membership, we are radically adapting our membership structure to be as inclusive as possible. Right now, over 7,000 individual filmmakers, new media artists, journalists and arts organizations subscribe to our eBulletin, download Resources, attend the Creative Leadership Lab and HatchLabs, serve as Consulting Producers, participate in our Youth Media Network, receive Innovation Studio grants, and participate in our Video Roundtables. But only 200 of those folks are actual “members.”
In order to grow our membership, be responsive to the needs of the broadest arts community possible, serve more people and operate more effectively, beginning immediately, we are sunsetting our traditional membership levels. From now on, anyone and any entity can join The ALLIANCE for any amount they feel is appropriate, between $1 and $1 million dollars. Check out our new JOIN page and JOIN or RENEW Your Membership. The member benefits are as vibrant as ever, and are intended to be transformational, not transactional:
- • A Collective Voice Advocating for Arts Funding, Freedom of Expression, Net Neutrality, Journalistic Security and Media Justice.
- • Eligibility for Innovation Studio Grants and Artist Residencies
- • Full page on the ALLIANCE Website
- • Guest blogging on Storytelling Matters
- • Feature stories in NAMAC’s eBulletin
- • Early access to participatory new media apps and tools
- • Social media promotion for events and programs
- • Discounted National Conference Registration
- • Leadership Lab and Creative Impact Network opportunities
- • Executive Peer Coaching
- • Capacity Building Support
- • Regional Braintrust Meetings
- • Resource Library, Toolkits and White Paper Research
- • Inclusion in Youth Media Network programming
- • Special Invitations to Future of Storytelling Video Roundtables
Don’t think twice—JOIN The ALLIANCE today and let’s do the work that needs to be done!