In this fertile era of the #metoo, #timesup, and #neveragain movements, the role of an anti-violence agency such as Womankind becomes even more powerful. Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. Whether our advocates are working with clients on their individual healing, fighting for their right to language access, facilitating family legal or economic empowerment help, or marching along with peer organizations to ensure equitable access to immigration, housing and healthcare solutions, Womankind brings critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal. We work with survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence across the lifespan. While we focus on the underserved Asian immigrant community, we welcome all survivors. Womankind offers a 24/7 helpline, counseling and case management services for survivors and their children, emergency residential housing, immigration and family legal services, and other support services.
Womankind is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our Senior Leadership Team. The position will drive the HR needs while providing feedback and strategical thinking to the ED and Directors. The position supervises our Volunteer Engagement Manager and our Operations Manager. It is a full-time position with benefits, and officially reports to the Executive Director.
- Administers all day-to-day and long term human resource functions of the agency, including salary and benefits, employee relations, adherence to federal, state and city employment laws and regulations, and implementation of the personnel policies.
- Serves as a resource to the agency management and employees on HR concerns.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains/updates handbook on policies and procedures.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel
- Conducts new employee orientations; employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Works with Executive Director to implement the Agency’s overall strategic plan.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state laws.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Administers benefit program such as health and dental insurance, retirement plans, PTO and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participate in Director’s meetings.
- Manages Operations and Volunteer functions, providing feedback and support to staff members in those roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years’ relevant experience in human resources management.
- Knowledge of laws governing employment matters.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with management, employees, and insurance and benefits contractors.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines
- Is culturally sensitive and has an anti-oppression lens when it comes to decision making, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in trauma and/or social services related field is highly preferred
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your name and “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org