Website New York Women in Film & Television
Reporting to the Executive Director, the role of the Program Manager includes the following:
P r o g r a m m i n g C o m m i t t e e S u p p o r t
• Coordinates approximately 50 NYWIFT programs per year – including panels, seminars, workshops
and talkbacks related to professional development in the film, television and digital media industry
• Works with venues on AV and other requirements
• Assigns intern staff to work at programs, attends programs as necessary
• Supervises the preparation of registration lists
• Maintains facilities file, books space and arranges for catering of programs
• Works with Program Committee and Executive Director to conduct annual evaluation of how
programs are meeting the needs and requests of members. Keeps program records and creates
attendance and income/expense reports for the committee and the board
• Creates report on audience development and up-coming programs for the board
• Staffs volunteer programming committee meetings and serves as staff liaison for program producers
• Advises new producers on production process
• Keeps programming calendar based on information submitted by program producers
• Develops and produces additional programs as necessary, including programs highlighting Corporate
Partners. Liaison with partner organizations for co-presented and co-sponsored programs
N e w s l e t t e r & We b s i t e
• Inputs event information in 123signup event management software
• Creates web pages for events with supervision from Community Engagement Director
• Compiles all copy for handouts and promotions
• Helps to write additional articles, announcements, bios, etc., when necessary
• Distributes final newsletter to ED and Communications Coordinator for final proofing and approval
• Designs and coordinates production of the monthy programming postcard.
R e q u i r e m e n t s / Q u a l i f i c a t i o n s
• Bachelors degree. At least 3-5 years experience in event, program of film/video production
management. Evening work required
• Highly organized, creative problem-solver and team player with the ability to juggle multiple
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong understanding of the film and television industry, including familiarity with major players and
• Experience with InDesign and WordPress preferred.
• A sense of humor is a must!
B e n e f i t s
• Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical insurance paid by employer & 401K option; 2 weeks vacation in first year, plus Christmas week and summer Fridays off. Free Movies!
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
New York Women in Film & Television is an equal opportunity employer. At NYWIFT, employment is
based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry,
pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic
predisposition, national origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any
other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For more information on NYWIFT, visit us at www.nywift.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org