Colorado College seeks an experienced, energetic leader for KRCC, the NPR station serving Colorado Springs and Southern Colorado. The successful candidate will help to maintain and grow the broadcast audience as they continue to move into the future as an essential local institution beyond broadcast. The General Manager will be externally focused and effective at helping grow philanthropic and major donor capacity, while at the same time having a full set of internal management skills, helping develop and maintain effective staff, organizational structure, and processes.
Supports the vision, mission, and strategic plans of the station and the college; provides leadership and direction for radio and internet broadcasting programs and business operations in order to serve the public; ensures compliance with public radio and Federal Communications Commission standards and guidelines.
- Oversees the day-to-day programs and operations activities of a radio and internet broadcast facility.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Oversees total program and local program production efforts, including acquisition, schedule development, proposal writing, creation of production projects, and contract negotiations.
- Oversees fundraising, including major giving and campaign, and is responsible for assuring sufficient funds are available for station operations through donor development, membership development, donor cultivation and recognition, fundraising events, grant writing and reporting, and maintaining relationships with granting agencies and organizations.
- Develops and implements strategies for generating revenue for the station through underwriting and other means.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the station. Is responsible for budgeting and budget tracking, oversight of bookkeeping and audits, maintenance of records, grant tracking and reporting, and financial reporting to the college and granting agencies.
- Oversees marketing programs and activities, including website and print promotions;
- Oversees operational and technical systems necessary to carry out the on-air and internet operation of the station and production of programs. Is responsible for keeping KRCC current with changes and trends in technology and public media. Develops and implements initiatives to expand audience services, improve facilities, and update broadcasting technology.
- Represents the station to the community. Oversees station outreach to members, listeners, and the community at large. Proactively interacts with businesses, organizations, schools, and government agencies and institutions to build collaborative relationships with these entities.
- Works with the station’s community advisory board, preparing regular financial and station activity reports and seeking its input on strategic planning and initiatives.
- Represents the station to other agencies and organizations involved in public media.
- Ensures compliance with college policies and mandates of local, state, and federal agencies, including the Federal Communications Commission.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of related experience, to include experience successfully managing a budget; knowledge of public media, fundraising, radio/audio program production, journalism, contracts and grants, and understanding of radio and internet broadcasting operations (strategies, tools, methods, techniques, facilities and equipment); demonstrated ability to effectively manage personnel; excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to think critically and solve problems; good judgment and organizational skills; and discretion in handling confidential/ sensitive information; strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with diverse people and ideas, and ability make informed decisions are required.
Master’s degree, non-profit management.
HOW TO APPLY
Colorado College is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/3646.
Application Deadline (at 11:59 PM Mountain Time): 02/06/2019
Colorado College is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
To apply for this job please visit employment.coloradocollege.edu.