About Headlands Center for the Arts:
Headlands Center for the Arts is non-profit organization located in a historic former military fort in the coastal wilderness of the Marin Headlands in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, 15 minutes north of San Francisco. Established in 1982, Headlands promotes artistic exploration and development of new creative work. Through residencies and public programs, including open houses, lectures, performances and community meals, we seek to explore and interpret the relationship between place and the creative process and to extend appreciation for the role of artists in society. Residencies bring artists from many different disciplines, cultural backgrounds and nationalities to live and work on site each year, while public programs engage artists, scholars, activists and other professionals.
The Communications & Outreach Coordinator works under the supervision of the Director of Communications & Outreach and in collaboration with Headlands staff to support marketing, communications, and audience engagement efforts across all departments of Headlands Center for the Arts. The candidate will have the technological savvy to leverage databases, programs, and software to keep Headlands’ communications and outreach strategies current. The right candidate will have a significant impact on the external relations of a leading, mid-sized multidisciplinary organization in the contemporary arts field.
· Working within Headlands’ brand guidelines, produce email marketing pieces for Headlands audiences and assist with the execution of a full range of communications materials, including printed materials, e-communications, website, and social media.
· Coordinate Headlands’ social media content and channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Develop original social media content including day-in-the-life, event promotions, calls for applications, and alumni news.
· Maintain communications contacts, mailing lists, and event attendance in Headlands’ database and MailChimp.
· Design and produce basic campus signage and informational materials, and update as needed.
· Assist with photographic and audio documentation needed for press, program archives, and publications.
· Collect and maintain marketing, communications, and audience engagement data in support of department goals and organizational impact tracking.
· Respond to requests for information and images, public listings, and printed directories, and coordinate interviews for working members of the press and Headlands’ staff and artists, as appropriate.
· The ideal candidate is a both detail-oriented and a creative thinker. They have an ear for language and an eye for visual design. They are highly organized, results-driven, and enjoy a fast-paced environment—and they never miss a deadline.
· 1–2 years of experience in marketing/communications, social media, and website maintenance preferred.
· Experience with basic design and layout in Adobe Creative Suite or similar program, and mastery of Microsoft Office is required.
· Proficiency in FileMaker Pro (or similar database system), WordPress, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, and Asana (or other task-management systems) is strongly preferred.
· Interest in and familiarity with contemporary art is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills and a team-player attitude.
· Due to our Marin Headlands location, reliable vehicle access is required.
This is a full-time position, exempt position and requires some evening and weekend hours. The salary range for this position is $45,000–$50,000. The total compensation includes a generous benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off (PTO).
Anticipated start date is mid-July 2019. More information about Headlands’ work culture here: http://www.headlands.org/headlands-information/employment/
Headlands Center for the Arts is committed to a diverse and pluralistic workplace. People of Color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a single PDF attachment that includes a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should be Communications & Outreach Coordinator/your name.
Review of applications will begin May 21, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Please note: Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Headlands Center for the Arts is committed to a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals, as such Headlands is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, employees, volunteers, and interns. Headlands makes decisions based on the merits of each candidate.
Headlands Center for the Arts prohibits discrimination based on an individual’s race, color, religion (including all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy and breastfeeding), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality) national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status or registered domestic partner status, uniformed service member or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, or any other basis protected by law. Headlands will afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants, employees, volunteers, and interns as to all terms and conditions of employment, including, without limitation, compensation, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, and termination.
To apply for this job please visit www.headlands.org.