Development Assistant Internship At Gage Academy of Art
Gage Academy of Art is a unique nonprofit art school in Seattle that offers arts education for students of all ages and skill levels and produces outstanding events throughout the year. We are seeking individuals looking for entry level experience in our Development Department for two (2) internship opportunities.
This internship gains access to learning experiences in the fundraising, event, and marketing fields through assisting the Development Department with specific projects and events throughout the year.
The Development Assistant Internship includes working with the Development team on fall and spring appeal fundraising campaigns, donor and membership data entry, sponsorship outreach, and in-kind donation procurement for the Gala.
Successful interns will flex their creative problem-solving and communication skills, lead and manage parts of the process, and interact with various directors, staff, and artists throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working with the Development team on three seasonal fundraising campaigns: Fall Appeal, Spring Appeal, and GiveBig. Responsibilities will include helping with the direct mail, emails, and social media components.
· Event management will be a critical component of this internship. Pre-event responsibilities include assisting with the procurement of experience and wine packages. Position must be available to be on-site the evening of Saturday, May 2, 2020 at Fremont Studios to help with the annual Spring Art Auction & Gala.
· Working with Development Coordinator to send thank you letters to donors and sponsors during the two weeks immediately following the Gala.
· Updating information in Gage database to ensure up-to-date records and documentation.
· Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should be a current student or recent graduate, either obtaining or received a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in fine arts, art history, arts, cultural, or non-profit management, marketing, or communications. A strong candidate will have a desire to exceed expectations and contribute to the stable operations of Gage Academy of Art. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and have clear career goals. Applicants must also be able to succeed in a high-energy environment as a self-starter with well-developed problem solving skills. Candidates should be comfortable working on a PC using Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel. Formal communication skills are an absolute necessity, both via email and in person with the public.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with “Development Internship” in the subject line. Please outline how this position would fit into your career path and why you are interested in working at Gage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org