Website Edlavitch DCJCC
Edlavitch DCJCC's film and Music Programs
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center’s Film and Music department is seeking a dedicated and energetic self-starter for the full-time position of Operations Manager.
This role will oversee the daily operations and administrative functions of the film and music programs at the DCJCC, including the EDCJCC’s flagship festivals – the Washington Jewish Film Festival and the Washington Jewish Music Festival. Between the two Festivals and active year-round programming across both arts disciplines, the Operations Manager will be a key planner in cultural programming that attracts over 25,000 patrons annually across 150+ events.
The Film and Music programs are dedicated to presenting the full diversity of the Jewish and Israeli experience through the lens of cinema and music, with an emphasis on passionate, provocative and cutting edge work that expands the definition of contemporary Jewish identity and interest.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the department director to advance the artistic goals of the department while maintaining sound operational, budgetary and logistical oversight. The Operations Manager role is extremely “hands on” and encompasses a variety of skills. The ideal candidate will possess the vision to innovate and improve our operations on a long-term horizon (1+ years out), while simultaneously staying intimately involved in near-term challenges and opportunities.
This position has one direct full-time report – the film and music program coordinator.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Managing, tracking, and overseeing budgets
· Maintaining existing vendor relations and initiating new ones including, but not limited to: technical contractors, hotels, distributors, agents, ticketing vendors, etc…
· Supervising all aspects of the patron experience (from ticket buying to on-site event flow) with an emphasis on attendee satisfaction and customer service
· Coordinating with the EDCJCC’s Development Department in planning out annual appeals, receptions and cultivation events
· Managing and developing Film & Music database
· Managing technical and contract staff, as well as one full-time, year-round position.
· Liaising with other EDCJCC departments (Accounting, Theater J, Security, Maintenance, Entrypoint, GLOE …)
· Establishing, maintaining and improving department protocols and systems for smooth and effective day-to-day functions.
· 3-5 years of administrative management experience, preferably in the arts
· BA degree or higher
· Passion for film and music programming
· Consummate team player with ability and willingness to work evenings and occasional weekend events.
· Prior supervisory experience is a plus
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$45,000 annual salary and health, vacation and retirement benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until August 31st.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com