Festival dedicated to investigative reporting on film
Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival and Symposium, a project of 100Reporters news organization, is the nation’s first and only festival dedicated to investigative storytelling on film. It combines five days of film screenings showcasing the best in new investigative cinema with a three-day professional symposium for journalists and filmmakers. The fourth edition will take place October 10-14, 2018.
The Volunteer Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all volunteer recruitment efforts, management and scheduling during Double Exposure. The Volunteer Manager performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of Festival Co-directors and the Festival Manager.
We’re looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure. A commitment to excellent communication, dependability, strong work ethic, ambassadorship, and confidentiality are essential. Candidates will be team-oriented, self-motivated, and should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. It is important to have past experience working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated ability to multitask and juggle rapidly shifting priorities, and a track record in volunteer management is preferred. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and compelled by the mission of the festival and symposium. The Volunteer Manager must be available to work the entire week of the festival, Monday, October 8, through Sunday, October 14.
- Recruit and organize volunteers for all departments of Double Exposure and work closely with each department to assess their volunteer needs during the festival;
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage all volunteers across venues to ensure successful support of festival production;
- Manage the Double Exposure volunteer database;
- Develop application, instruction manual, and other pertinent information for Double Exposure volunteers;
- Arrange and coordinate training across departments where volunteers are needed (e.g. theatre management, box office, hospitality, etc.);
- Attend once weekly festival staff meetings;
- Conduct a volunteer open recruitment session prior to the film festival and symposium;
- Work closely with the Double Exposure publicity and marketing staff to coordinate outreach to community groups and media regarding volunteer recruitment activities;
- Research and place free recruitment advertisements with appropriate and respected local media outlets;
- Oversee final scheduling and phone outreach to volunteers;
- Manage setup of festival call center, volunteer headquarters;
- Manage volunteer check-in table throughout festival;
- Plan and organize the Double Exposure staff and volunteer appreciation post-festival gathering;
- Provide a comprehensive wrap report and submit to the Festival Manager prior to exit;
- All job specific reports and files must be organized and turned in to the Festival Manager;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage large numbers of volunteers;
- Familiarity with DC Metro Area to facilitate outreach to the community for volunteer prospects;
- Proven ability to handle numerous details, with appropriate follow up and reporting activities;
- Superior database management and computer skills, with expertise in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Eventbrite;
- Marketing or community outreach experience a plus;
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and individuals representing various skill sets and experience;
- Must demonstrate a friendly and cooperative attitude with volunteers, vendors, fellow staff, donors, sponsors, and event guests;
- College degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and explaining your interest in working at Double Exposure with a resume to jobs@100R.org with the subject line: Volunteer Manager.
Application Deadline: Aug 10
100Reporters is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@100R.org