Court 13 Development Manager Job Description
Mission: Court 13 is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in New Orleans, LA. Court 13’s mission is to grow and sustain the cinema culture of New Orleans, Louisiana, and to celebrate radical artmaking across disciplines.
Court 13 is the organization behind award-winning films such as Beasts of the Southern Wild, Brimstone & Glory, numerous shorts and music videos including Glory at Sea and Big Freedia’s “Y’all Get Back Now”, as well as the annual Always for Pleasure Festival. Having spent the past two years creating the foundation to launch our new programming (acquiring a permanent headquarters, developing an artist-residency program, creating an annual festival), Court 13 is poised to make a massive impact on the film culture of New Orleans. Our staff needs have expanded beyond the handful of people involved, and we have targeted fundraising and financial development as the next crucial steps in continued growth. Our new Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and board of directors to grow our company into the future.
Court 13 is currently seeking a Development Manager to oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director as well as the organization’s’ founder and board chair, the Development Manager will spearhead a comprehensive fundraising strategy, including designing fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, implementing IT systems to support the fundraising function, and researching and applying for new grant opportunities. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts, as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity to build the development function and to be instrumental in shaping the foundation and structure of an organization that will make a lasting impact on the cultural landscape of New Orleans.
- Develop and execute our annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Research donor relation programs at local, state and federal art institutions
- Manage implementation of fundraising and relationship management software (such as Raiser’s Edge)
- Develop and track proposals and reports to funders
- Oversee the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field OR five years of experience in the field
- 4+ years fundraising experience preferred
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience – must have a proven track record of receiving grants
- Familiarity with fundraising/donor software
- Writing sample (grant or similar document)
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communications
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com