The Development Associate is a part of building an organizational Development Office within Appalshop’s CORE consisting of the Institutional Development Director, the Community Development Worker, and the Development Associate. However, this position is a part of a broader CORE team which also includes the Executive Director, Financial Director, Communications Director, and Executive Assistant.
The Development Associate will focus on maximizing Appalshop’s institutional fundraising strategies. Over the next year, the position will play a key role in finalizing the organization’s 50th anniversary capital campaign. Long term, the position will be leading donor relations and grants management. Travel is expected.
· Create and manage a grants log for Appalshop
· Work closely with the Institutional Development Director, Financial Director, and Executive Director to develop Appalshop’s institutional fundraising strategies
· Execute specific development functions such as grant reporting, budget development, etc. in conjunction with CORE team
· Assist Appalshop staff with development tasks, as needed
· Lead and manage Appalshop’s annual appeal process
· Work closely with CORE staff to create donor materials, maintain donor database, and keep clear donor profiles
· Maintain and strengthen current donor relationships, meet and visit as needed
· Work to increase number of annual donors to Appalshop, form new donor relationships, target younger donors as well as bequest gifts
· Work closely with Institutional Development Director and Executive Director to secure 50th gifts
· Host 50th donor parties in locations through the country, planning and logistics
· Use database and grant log to track 50th goals
The candidate should have at least one year of development experience or be a fast-learner with great organizational, interpersonal, writing, and prioritization skills. Appalshop seeks an applicant who understands the role of community-based arts institutions, can work independently and in teams, and has the ability to travel.
The Development Associate is a year-round, full time position, salaried with full benefits. Salary range: $38-40,000.
Appalshop is an equal opportunity employer, and its employment policies and practices are applicable to all employees without regard to race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, creed, disability or national origin.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org