Website Women Make Movies
Feminist social enterprise media nonprofit
Women Make Movies, a non-profit media organization based in NY, seeks a Finance and Administrative Manager with exceptional administrative, management, and organizational skills. The Finance and Administrative Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization, human resources, and general office administration including facilities and IT (thru vendor). This position will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to ensure that strong financial, human resource, and operational systems are in place and to build and grow systems to support organizational development. The ideal candidate for this position has significant experience in non-profit management but is also knowledgeable of business or earned-income organizations. We are looking for someone to work in a busy, collaborative environment, with the judgment to make sound decisions.
Financial planning and budget management:
· Supervise the Finance and Office Coordinator in bookkeeping functions of the organization, including AP/AR, wires and ACH’s, Credit card management, and reconciliations;
· Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and reports for use by management and Board;
· Work on annual budget preparation process in collaboration with the Executive Director;
· Work on grant reports to funders;
· Manage payroll process;
· Work with Executive Director on management of investments;
· Financial oversight of the organizations $7 million fiscal sponsorship program.
Human resources and benefits administration:
· Manage Human Resources by implementing HR policies and processes, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, payroll, compensation and benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, training and professional development and exit procedures;
· Serve as resource to staff on human resource and benefit issues;
· Build an environment of openness, with attention to staff needs and development;
· Ensure compliance with all legal human resources requirements;
· Manage WMM’s benefits programs including COBRA notifications and enrollments;
· Maintain confidential personnel files.
IT, Operations, IT and other administration:
· Responsible for facilities, office equipment, front office operations, IT, vendors and consultants;
· Supervise office coordinator duties including billings, record keeping, filing, vendor relationships, and general office support and maintenance;
· Overall responsibility for WMM’s internship program;
· Maintains and manages relationships with landlord and tenants;
· Manage in-house information systems to include essential operational information, such as account usernames and passwords, keeping operational procedures and manuals up-to-date, keeping operations calendar, keeping organizational and corporate files, etc;
· Insurance and risk management;
· Serve as an internal leader, modeling organizational culture and professionalism;
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements:
· 5 + years of progressive management-level responsibility in a non-profit organization or a for profit film organization – women’s or arts organization a plus;
· Excellent financial, budgeting, and operations management skills; expertise with Quick Books and/or standard accounting practices;
· Proven experience in program or institutional management;
· Prior Salesforce, Woo Commerce and Word Press experience is a big plus;
· Experience with IT and the ability to design and implement organizational systems using available technology;
· Ability to prioritize and problem-solve while handling multiple tasks, supervising, and managing the work of others;
· Flexibility, professionalism, and a positive attitude;
· Sense of humor appreciated;
· Commitment to feminism.
· Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long term disability, generous retirement plan, vacation, and paid holidays. Women Make Movies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, LGBTQI, and older women to apply.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL Managerial
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume with cover letter noting relevant experience and salary requirements to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please indicate “Finance and Administrative Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org