The Senior Podcast Producer produces and leads others to produce high-quality, original stories for StoryCorps’ podcast series. This position requires excellent research and reporting skills, and once the organization has determined it safe to travel, may involve regular national travel to record StoryCorps interviews. The Senior Podcast Producer also creates other content to support the organization, including edited segments, promos, and audio for internal and external use. They will be responsible for the digital components for broadcast stories including both text and visual content.
StoryCorps seeks to reflect and celebrate our nation’s diversity in our work and to amplify the voices of people not typically heard in mainstream media. You’ll be an ideal candidate for this role if you share our commitment to presenting these stories with authenticity and sensitivity, and have demonstrated experience producing content featuring diverse voices, for diverse audiences. StoryCorps is also committed to developing a staff that matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and the LGBTQ community. Fluency in a language other than English is a plus; Spanish language fluency strongly preferred.
If you have a passion for telling stories with soul, working with smart people, and doing meaningful work in a mission-driven environment, this may be the role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with Executive Editor to develop the StoryCorps podcast
- Project manage the production of the StoryCorps podcast
- Produce for podcast and as needed for the broadcast
- Edit other producers’ stories and collaborate with them on podcast episodes
- Research, pitch, and assign stories for Producers to record
- Ensure high quality of content
- Identify and track tape for potential production use from recording booths
- Serve as an active, engaged member of the StoryCorps Production department, including participation in regular departmental meetings and interdepartmental project teams
- Actively work to ensure that a diversity of stories and participants are selected for production, and that our content is relevant and accessible to diverse audiences
- Provide editorial supervision of team members and ensure excellence, originality, and diversity of stories and participants
- Perform other duties to support the Production department, as assigned
- You have a minimum of 7 years of work experience in audio production, and at least 2 years in podcasting, specifically
- You have demonstrated research skills and journalistic instinct and a proven track record telling documentary-style stories
- You have expertise in digital editing with ProTools, including mixing music and audio
- You’re able to meet deadlines and work quickly and efficiently, often on time-sensitive projects
- You’re self-directed but also collaborative. You work well independently but also recognize the importance of editorial feedback and collaboration with your colleagues
- You’re flexible and adaptable. We move quickly at StoryCorps and need solutions-oriented problem solvers to help move our work forward
- You know how to communicate effectively – by email, phone, or in person
- You are passionate about StoryCorps’ mission and thrive in a diverse workplace
PREFERRED SKILS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You are proficient in a second language (Spanish preferred).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com