Location: Atlanta, GA / Hybrid work model requires 2 days per week in office and in-person meetings with partners
Salary: $70,000-$75,000 + medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k retirement plan, and unlimited PTO
Closing date: $70,000-$75,000 + medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k retirement plan, and unlimited PTO
- Closing date: Mar 15, 2023
Background: RE:IMAGINE’s mission is to equip the next generation of representative storytellers in Atlanta. Our vision is a safe, inclusive, and equitable workforce in the creative media industry. Founded in 2014, the organization builds bridges between working industry professionals and emerging talent — with a common goal to place students in sustainable careers. Through a lens of diversity and inclusion, RE:IMAGINE recruits and invests in youth from different ethnicities, races, socio-economic statuses, and gender to equip storytellers for careers in the creative media industries.
Position Summary: The Operations Director is responsible for management of team members, finances, and effective administrative operations for RE:IMAGINE. The Operations Director acts as a second in command and works closely with the Executive Director to advance the organization’s mission. This position will report to the Executive Director and manage a growing team.
Candidate Vision: The ideal candidate for this position is an energetic self-starter who is skilled at managing people, systems, and processes. The candidate is a problem solver who executes their duties with exceptional attention to detail and has a high degree of emotional intelligence and collaboration. The ideal candidate will bring critical and strategic thinking, operational and systems (CRM) expertise, and exceptional organizational skills. The candidate feels a connection to our mission and should be focused on building a culture of authenticity, equity, trust, and continuous improvement in service of our organizational mission and goals.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage team member relations with a focus on equity, responsibility, and growth (including insurance coverage, policy updates, grievances, and separations). Manage employee payroll, benefits, policy updates.
- Provide performance reviews and goal setting (familiarity with EOS, Entrepreneurial Operating System is a plus)
- Reinforce and streamline onboarding for contractors
- Equitably develop and manage vendor and contractor relationships, as needed, to support finance, operations, development, and programmatic functions.
- Cultivate an organizational culture that supports RE:IMAGINE’s vision and mission.
- Ensure that the organization adheres to policies, procedures, legal matters, and registration deadlines
- Manages legal and tax responsibilities with IRS and accountant
- Prepare and support process for annual external audit
- Work with ED to maintain organizational finances and expenses and monitor the budget accordingly.
- Tracks donations in-kind as well as monetarily, thank supporters
- Manage internal/external invoices and payroll
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliation in Quickbooks
- Monitor organization budget and cashflow
- Manage grant budgets
- Work with Community Manager and Development Manager to ensure the financial and legal aspects of the events are in compliance
- Equip staff with necessary supplies and technology. Ensure equipment is managed well.
- Ensure facilities are in compliance with lease agreements, utility requirements, and licenses/registrations
- Financial accounting experience
- Systems creation and management
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and vital decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Excel, Google Docs
- Comfort with online tools, such as Slack, Airtable, Hubspot, EOS
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is:
- Experience working in a startup environment
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $70,000 – 75,000 annually. Benefits include: Healthcare coverage (RE:IMAGINE contributes $400/month), $200 stipend annually for eyecare, Great Expressions Dental Care Plan, 401k retirement account (with up to 4% match), unlimited paid time off, and professional development fund.
Schedule: This is an exempt position with standard working hours, Monday through Friday, along with pre-scheduled evening and weekend work expected on occasion.
Location: Our office is located in Reynoldstown, just a block from the Beltline and walking distance to new restaurants and parks. The position requires two days per week of in-office and in-person meetings with funders/partners (sometimes off-site or at the partner/funders’ office). Reliable transportation, phone, computer and internet access is required.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to hiring@reimagineatl[dot]com with subject line: “Operations – lastname.”
Cover letter should detail your interest in this position, including:
- How are you uniquely equipped for this position?
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- Why do you feel connected to the work and mission of RE:IMAGINE?
RE:IMAGINE does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com