Website Select or enter Miami City Ballet
Select or enter
Job Title: Director, Audience and Ticketing Services
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Status: Full time, Exempt
Regular work hours are 9 – 5.30pm. Work schedule may include overtime and evening and weekend work at performances, and marketing events. Work schedule will be adjusted accordingly.
Office location: Miami City Ballet, 2200 Liberty Ave Miami Beach, FL
ABOUT MIAMI CITY BALLET
At Miami City Ballet, we recognize that our most important assets are our employees who possess and believe in living out the following values to deliver on our promise. If you’re passionate about arts and the role it plays in elevating and enriching lives through the following values, we want you on our team.
AUTHENTICALLY MIAMI – We are energetic, diverse, dynamic, and welcoming
COURAGEOUSLY COLLABORATIVE – We are part of the communities we serve. We value each person’s contribution and collectively solve problems because our greatest achievements come when we band together.
DRIVEN BY EXCELLENCE – Relentless dedication to getting better every day, onstage and off. We care deeply about the caliber of our work, and we won’t settle for less.
The Director, Audience and Ticketing Services leads all audience relations, ticketing operations and revenue management of the Miami City Ballet to achieve earned revenue and customer satisfaction goals. A key member of the senior marketing team, this position brings the company brand strategy to life through effective leadership of audience relations and sales oversight, and ensures audiences enjoy positive, seamless, and exemplary interactions while visiting or interacting with MCB.
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Ticketing, Strategy & Revenue Management
• Identify, implement and build documentation and resources for best practices and processes with Tessitura, customer service, internal and external business relations
• Oversee and support efficient and accurate ticketing operations including season set-up, renewals, and venue builds
• Work closely with marketing team to develop new sales channels and audiences, maintain consistent customer interaction, messaging and brand identity.
• Lead the revenue and inventory management process and team that manage (dynamic) pricing strategy, allocations, revenue projections and forecasting for all productions.
• Work closely with Database Manager in the development and maintenance of reporting tools, analytics and processes as necessary for all key sales and operational indices.
• Produce and maintain settlements for all performances; oversee and ensure the integrity of all sales reports.
• Work collaboratively within the marketing team and lead the CSR team to support sales through all channels, and create effective up-selling processes for ticket and retail sales.
· Oversee Group Sales account management and fulfillment to achieve revenue goals and objectives.
· Set strategic goals for customer satisfaction and service, and implement plans to achieve those goals.
• Oversee the development and implementation of customer service policies and procedures.
• Ensure that high quality service is delivered, and that all customer inquiries and concerns are handled effectively and within established customer satisfaction policies.
• Create, implement and report on feedback and survey initiatives.
• Act as liaison between the Ballet and the venue with regards to customer service and in-venue needs from marketing and box office.
Leadership & Collaboration
• Build and mentor a high-functioning, motivated team of customer service focused staff
· Develop partnerships with presenting venues to ensure strong working relationships, excellent communication, consistency and quality of service
• As an integral member of the marketing team, actively collaborate to develop and implement new plans and strategies that drive revenue and deepen patron loyalty.
• Develop and maintain an effective department through hiring, training, guidance, and performance management of personnel.
• In-depth knowledge of ticketing applications, preferably Tessitura.
• Minimum 7 years progressive management experience with strong experience in event ticketing, subscription-based customer service in medium to large venue or event management (cultural performing arts, college, sports, entertainment, etc.) environment.
• Solid track record in implementing and improving customer relations and sales areas of business (including single event ticketing and subscription), preferably with subscription-model base.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking.
• Solid leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to hire, train, develop, and motivate full time staff including effective delegation and organizational skills.
• Able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays when required.
• BA/BS degree or any equivalent combination of training and progressive experience.
• Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
To apply, please email:
Cover letter briefly outlining your experience specifically in relation to the essential qualifications listed above. Applications will not be considered if they do not address the essential qualifications.
Email your application to email@example.com. No agencies or phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org