JSP provides grants to indpendent films with Jewish themes
Jewish Story Partners Job Opening: Program and Operations Coordinator
Jewish Story Partners (JSP) is a new nonprofit which provides grants and support to the highest caliber independent film projects exploring Jewish themes. JSP seeks a detail-oriented self-starter for the full-time position of Program and Operations Coordinator. The job is located in Los Angeles and we offer a hybrid remote/office work schedule and flexible hours.
The JSP Coordinator will be an integral part of our small and creative staff – helping to build and operate an artist support organization. This position will work to ensure the smooth functioning of all JSP departments – including program/artist support, marketing, PR, fundraising, finance, board relations, and office management. This role offers a rare opportunity to learn the inner workings of a start-up nonprofit.
The JSP Coordinator will be responsible to:
– Schedule meetings and calls
– Coordinate travel
– Perform data entry to input constituency, grantee, and fundraising updates
– Manage office, including supplies, equipment, deliveries, and maintenance
– Assist with finance activities, including payables and receivables, grant disbursements etc
– Assist in planning and producing events, including fundraising cultivations, board meetings, and artist support gatherings
– Research and track upcoming projects
– Coordinate delivery of communications, including newsletters, updates, and promotional materials to constituencies
– Monitor and amplify Social Media presence
– Coordinate special projects as they arise
Desired candidate qualifications and skills include:
● 3-5 years work experience demonstrating excellent organizational skills, including office and data systems, and producing events and meetings.
● Ease and skill with Google Workspace, spreadsheets, databases and social media.
● Strong writing and communication skills. Comfort and savvy working with a variety of constituents — from artists to philanthropists to executives.
● Interested in film and media, and ideally has professional experience and education in the field.
● Someone with a collaborative spirit, who is self-motivated and entrepreneurial, and willing to learn and embrace the new tasks that inevitably arise with a small staff in a start-up environment.
● Sense of humor can’t hurt!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JSP offers a competitive salary, a health stipend, and generous vacation and sick leave policies.
Please send a resume and a brief letter explaining your background and why you’re interested in working with Jewish Story Partners by January 21st, 2022. For those whose experience and interest are a good fit, an initial phone conversation with either the Producing Director or Program and Operations Manager will be followed by a Zoom interview with both. Please email all materials, including your phone number to: Roberta Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewish Story Partners is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that stimulates and supports the highest caliber independent films that utilize fresh, nuanced perspectives to tell stories about the diverse spectrum of Jewish experiences, histories, and cultures.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com