CreaTV San José is a nonprofit Community Media Center in downtown San José. Our mission is to inspire, educate and connect San José communities, using media to foster civic engagement. Serving the San José and Silicon Valley community since 2008, CreaTV is a nationally recognized Community Media Center focused on access to media and technology, the art of storytelling, and digital equity issues.
CreaTV manages four public and educational Comcast cable channels, airing more than 3,200 locally produced videos in eight different languages each year. CreaTV offers monthly workshops in video production to the public and provides a vast array of video production services to nonprofits, cities, schools and individuals wanting to produce content for the channels. Our vision is to give everyone in San Jose the opportunity to have a voice by providing access to tools, training and distribution platforms. We believe this can transform and deepen our community conversation.
We are at a pivotal juncture in our organization’s history as we lead the effort to create a collaborative space activated by the community and designed to reflect the diversity of San José. Our goal is to redefine how creative spaces are developed and used to transform a community. This new venture – Open San José – will feature 18,000 square feet of office space, gallery and public spaces, a large studio, and multi-purpose rooms that are fully equipped with technology and designed to be used for live and hybrid meetings, rehearsal space, podcast and media recording, trainings, and more.
We are seeking an Education and Community Manager to lead our community engagement efforts and expand our impact. This critical role is often the face of CreaTV with community partners, organizations, and the general public. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will oversee two full-time staff. The Education and Community Manager will develop and execute multiple programs in support of strategic expansion of education and community engagement. This role will support efforts to fully utilize our new space and meet the mission/vision of not only CreaTV San José, but also Open San José.
• Act as community ambassador and key representative of CreaTV and Open San José.
• Design and execute an innovative media arts education program for youth and adults.
• Provide mentorship, guidance and vision as department leader.
• Work closely with Executive leadership to create and execute on expansion strategy for the Community Media department.
• Provide hands-on instructional training of operation of studio, editing suites, and field equipment in community workshops.
• Work closely with Marketing/Comms to strategize and ensure effective promotion of CreaTV media education and partnership programs.
• Work closely with Development on writing and reporting on grant-funded activities.
• Coordinate with Creative Services and Facility Services Managers to organize and manage equipment use, production services, and facility engagement events.
• Collaborate cross-departmentally to develop impact measurement tools and develop reporting systems to support data-driven decision making.
• Foster an active space where community members and media makers can connect with each other and where participants feel welcome and engaged.
• Develop and evaluate training and instruction curricula for CreaTV classes and workshops.
• Ensure Intern and Volunteer programs provide a meaningful experience that supports organization’s priorities and goals.
• Oversee membership renewals and member database.
• Oversee Community Media policies and procedures, ensuring that equipment and facilities are used properly and appropriately by members and users.
• Gather feedback, input and design ideas for educational programs from CreaTV staff, community media colleagues, educational contacts, and other resources to inform programmatic changes.
• Provide inventory control and general maintenance of facility and equipment resources used in training/instructional activities.
• May need to use a personal vehicle for business-related travel within San Jose.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong team leadership, customer service and collaboration skills.
• Strong analytical and strategic skills.
• Knowledge of community media, civic tech, digital inclusion, public access, and/or media production.
• Ability to convey knowledge of highly complex equipment and production or technology techniques to community users of various ages and levels of expertise.
• Generally technology savvy and/or a willing to learn and develop technology and media skills.
• Nonprofit outreach, community building and/or membership building experience.
• Additional Language skills desired (Spanish or Vietnamese).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Technically proficient in aspects of media production and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must be able to climb ladders and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to operate a camera, monitor audio, and watch videos for quality control.
• Must be able to operate small push buttons and switches associated with audio boards, cameras, switchers, tripods, and editing systems.
• Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license, have a safe driving record, and maintain California minimum required automobile insurance. May need to use a personal vehicle for business-related travel within San Jose.
• Able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience requirements below that provides the skill, knowledge, and abilities required.
• BA/BS in related field.
• At least three years of experience overseeing staff. Demonstrated ability to lead a team successfully.
• Minimum two years of media production training at college or trade school / occupational training level.
• Minimum two years of experience teaching media production or community-based technology training
• Three years of experience in community engagement.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, retirement, and competitive paid time off and holiday policies. $75 – $85k.
People of color, women, formerly incarcerated people, LGBTQ+ individuals, and community visionaries are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a PDF cover letter and resume explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to email@example.com with the subject Education and Community Manager. Please, no phone calls or hard copies of materials through the postal service. Application materials due by 6pm January 10, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org