The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) is a member-run, not-for-profit organization dedicated to celebrating the best in science and history programs and related genres. The WCSFP’s annual event is a must-attend gathering for producers, broadcasters and distributors, and will take place in San Francisco, California in December 2017.
The WCSFP is the place where the science, history and content-rich factual media community gathers to share, explore and reveal how science and history are communicated to the world. As a community, we are passionate about what we do and committed to sharing it with others.
The organization and management of the WCSFP event is subcontracted to Hot Docs, which, as the event manager, works to the financial brief of the Board of Directors of WCSFP Ltd.
Historically, the WCSFP has operated within the realm of traditional television. We are expanding our membership by integrating content creators and distributors from all visual media platforms. Holding our event in San Francisco in 2017 offers us a unique opportunity to expand our delegate base to include innovative companies in the Bay Area.
The Innovation Producer will:
- Work with the Editorial Director to research and develop content, themes, and speakers for the session program.
- Project lead for creating a strand of programming that incorporates non-traditional media (VR, AR, interactive content), online video, gaming, SVOD, and other forms of digital media into the conference.
- Research and invite speakers for panels and keynotes.
- In collaboration with the sponsorship team, work to develop and cultivate new partnership opportunities in the digital media sector.
- Work with management, sponsorship, and content teams to expand the scope and scale of the event.
- Network and facilitate participation of companies and individuals in the 2017 WCSFP from the digital media and tech sector, specifically those based in the Bay area and Silicon valley.
- Provide clear and timely information and instruction to logistical, communications, technical, and management teams.
- Research and review of major events operating in adjacent sectors (eg: games conference, new media events, etc.) for best practices and cross-over potential.
- Development and invite projects for inclusion in a showcase of the world’s best and most innovative science, history, and knowledge media.
- Coordination with Editorial Director on framing a renewed structure to introduce new programming strands
- Coordinate and develop an Advisory Board to support content development.
- Five years of experience working in the digital media industry and/or demonstrated knowledge, expertise and network in the digital media sector
- Enthusiastic self starter who can work independently
- Exceptional communication and networking skills.
- Experience programming conferences and festivals
- Impeccable tact and diplomacy in managing priorities, expectations, and demands of stakeholders, producers, funders, sponsors and management.
- Understanding of the member run model of the WCSFP
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17.
World Congress of Science and Factual Producers
Attn: Isaac Meyer Odell
Re: Innovation Producer
c/o Hot Docs
110 Spadina Avenue Suite 333
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com