Upstander Project is looking for an Impact Producer to assist with development and implementation of outreach strategy for its upcoming feature film Dawnland, (expected premiere early 2018), about truth and reconciliation in response to forced removal and assimilation of Native children. Our mission through Dawnland is to generate a wave of allies nationwide that can support more truth and racial healing processes.
In close collaboration with the UP team, the Impact Producer will connect with communities where Native and non-Native people are neighbors.
This is part-time paid freelance work.
· Strategy – analyze current needs of Native-led organizations, assess what role the film can play in supporting them, and figure out appropriate timeline and most promising partnerships.
· Organizing – collaborate with partners to schedule, design, promote, staff and ensure turnout for screenings, educational workshops, and conferences
· Writing – create written materials to promote events
· Creativity – offer critical feedback on the film prior to its completion
· Deep knowledge of Indian Child Welfare Act and Indigenous-led social movements
· Willingness to travel frequently
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently (this is not a desk job)
Ideal candidate would have strong connections to New England and/or Northeast U.S.
Occasional work can begin immediately with a more intensive commitment beginning in late 2017 through the end of 2018. Learn more about the Upstander Project and Dawnland at upstanderproject.org.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com