Building power with story and strategy.
Storyline is a non-profit production company building power with story and strategy. We are seeking a full-time Impact and Communications Manager.
Storyline makes work that investigates society’s biggest challenges. We find the right medium for each story, crafting content in film, photography, audio, theater, installation, and emerging forms. We specialize in creating participatory documentaries; an inclusive and collaborative process that engages communities in designing and carrying out the collection and dissemination of their own story. To learn more about Storyline, visit: www.storyline.media
Storyline is a small, highly collaborative organization. We value team members who are creative, inquisitive, and embrace challenges as opportunities. Our work is guided by a deep love and responsibility to values of equity and justice, and accountability to the communities in which we work. We are looking for a collaborator who is inspired by our mission and invested in the power of art and storytelling to ignite social change.
This position will contribute to Storyline’s growth and impact. The right candidate will be a strong writer, communicator, and strategic thinker. We’re looking for someone with the skills to manage meaningful partnerships, creative action, and innovation. The role is focused on 4 core areas of responsibility to share our content with the world: 1) impact and community engagement 2) marketing 3) communications and 4) business development
Impact & Engagement (40%):
- Develop strategic plans: Create strategic plans for impact and community engagement campaigns around Storyline’s slate of projects, including our award-winning film Water Warriors. With the support of Storyline’s executive team, and our partners, develop short and long-term strategies to foster real impact and change. Agility and flexibility are key. Must be adaptable to revise plans in response to real-world developments, the needs of our collaborators, our fast-moving projects, and an ever-changing field.
- Grow audiences: Identify audiences and communities aligned with the issues of our work, and grow Storyline’s digital audience.
- Harness partnerships: Develop and strengthen meaningful, cross-sector partnerships that increase the reach, visibility, and impact of Storyline’s work.
- Execute campaigns: Facilitate screenings, exhibitions, performances, workshops, and other events and programming with audiences that provoke discussion and inspire action.
- Track and evaluate: Be able to track and report out about the impact of our programs, and continue to learn.
- Develop new opportunities to market and distribute our content to audiences.
- Create engaging copy and proposals to bring content to organizations such as educational institutions and community groups.
- Manage and execute digital ad campaigns.
- Build asset packages for partners in order to amplify promotions.
- Lead Storyline’s communications activities, including producing powerful, original content for e-newsletters, ads, social media posts, website updates, and other platforms, under a deadline.
- Synthesize information and communicate it back out to multiple audiences, while staying on message.
Business Development (20%):
- Assist the Executive team with fundraising, including input on grant applications, reports and proposals.
- Plan special events.
- Assist with maintaining financial protocols and office-related duties as needed.
Qualifications & Attributes
A successful candidate will offer many of the following qualifications and attributes:
- 5+ years related experience in community engagement and/or communications work
- Previous experience in a leadership position on an art or film campaign, major public sector public awareness campaign, political campaign, or similar
- Exceptional writing skills
- Outstanding verbal, public speaking, and interpersonal communication skills, in multiple settings and among people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Event planning experience
- Meticulous attention to accuracy, detail and organization
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically, and solve problems independently
- Ability to thrive managing a number of initiatives at the same time
- Familiarity with film and art distribution a plus
- Comfort with the landscape of industry-standard digital marketing and communications tools, like Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads/Power Editor and others
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
This is a full-time position. Salary range in the $50s (annually) and benefits commensurate with experience.
Anticipated start date is Sept 2020. Position is currently remote, and available to candidates in the United States. Priority to individuals who may be able to work from our office in Brooklyn, NY when we are able to safely resume operations there (though not required).
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in a single PDF) to Executive Director Rachel Falcone at jobs (at) storyline.media
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Storyline, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com