Website Roxie Theater
San Francisco's Iconic Nonprofit Cinema
The Roxie Theater seeks an experienced and effective Operations Director to lead the day-to-day management of Roxie Theater facilities and screenings and to support the overall nonprofit operations of the Roxie. The role fits into a small, dedicated staff where duties are shared, initiative is valued and culture is of prime importance. The Operations Director is a hands-on contributor to the Roxie Theater’s mission in delivering high quality cinematic experiences to the community.
This person needs to have a keen attention to detail, problem solve creatively and efficiently, work collaboratively, and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment. Above all, this person should have a knowledge of independent/art film and have a passion for the Roxie Theater, its unique programming, and its eclectic audience.
- Manage Day-to-Day Accounting & Systems. This includes but is not limited to: entering AP/AR, performing monthly reconciliations, processing payroll, maintaining insurances, and assisting in audit preparation.
- Lead Roxie Rental Program. Book all rentals and execute them successfully from inquiry to event completion.
- Lead Facilities Management. Assess facilities needs and activate plans for maintenance. This includes daily walkthroughs as well as long term planning.
- Oversee Front of House Staff Management. With support of Theater Manager, execute all hiring, training and employee reviews for part-time staff.
- Manage Cross-Departmental Communication. Lead communications between office staff and front of house staff to ensure information sharing and smooth operations.
- Support Execution of Roxie Curated Programming. This includes but is not limited to: overseeing print traffic, approving weekly listings, scheduling tech checks and troubleshooting, and sending weekly box office reports.
- Support Operational Planning & Execution. Work with Executive Director to create yearly budgets and strategic plans as well as analyze quarterly actuals and track strategic plan implementation.
- Analyze Organizational Efficiency. Audit organizational systems across all programs and activate strategies for improvement and streamlining.
- 2+ years event producing or operations experience, ideally for a nonprofit organization or film/media organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, business or other related field.
- Experience with budgeting and Quickbooks or other financial software.
- Experience with team leadership in a managerial role.
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to troubleshoot and creatively problem solve.
- Comfortability with tech systems and facilities maintenance projects.
- Experience creating contracts and invoices.
- Knowledge and implementation of HR policies and best practices.
- Ability to analyze systems and implement positive improvements.
- Ability to work occasional weekend & weekday evening events.
Operations Director is a full time salaried, exempt role. Compensation: $52,000.
The Roxie is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 27th.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org