Website Literacy Lab
Literacy Lab is a dynamic ed-tech startup that provides direct service programs to young children and their families by leveraging three critical components early learners need when building a strong learning foundation–access to high quality interactive literacy resources, empowering relationships between children, family and educators, and use of technologies that will personalize learning and propel a child into reading success and a lifelong love of learning.
Literacy Lab’s mission is to create connected and interactive early learning environments by deploying books, digital content, and blended learning solutions for under-resourced children, their caregivers, and educators.
We are seeking to add 2-3 enthusiastic and socially motivated team members to help coordinate program activities and ensure the highest quality experiences for the families we serve. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is interested in building their professional skill sets while also making a deeper impact in the lives of Bay Area families.
Roles and Responsibilities (Time %)
Program Coordination (40-50%): Support the implementation of our programs across 10-15 classrooms within your designated region:
- Hosting user registration events and collecting information on classrooms and students/families.
- Basic troubleshooting and replenishing materials.
- Communicating with teachers and caregivers as needed to support implementation and address any ongoing needs.
- Recruiting and working with Parent Leaders within each classroom.
Tablet Support (10% during school year and up to 50% during summer months): During the school year ensure all tablets are delivered to classrooms in a timely manner. In the summer month this role will be expanded to tablet inventory and preparation for Fall deployment.
Program Evaluation (20%): Ensure LitLab is able to collect key program evaluation information form all classrooms:
- Support User registration process
- Provide and collect program surveys
- Enter data online
- Perform student assessments as time permits
Event Leadership & Facilitation (20%):
- Coordinating events with sites
- Securing an event facilitator or leading the events yourself
- Attend events to ensure they are highest quality
- Provide all relevant materials for event
- Collect and enter data regarding event details
Administrative Support & Data Entry (10%): Provide basic administrative support to program managers, across sites, and to Program Director and CEO as needed.
- Comfort working with computers, tablets and mobile applications.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Can effectively communicate with our clients and coordinate materials and events successfully.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. )
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working with young children and/or families.
- Experience working with English Language Learners a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus.
- Demonstrated passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income, underrepresented students and their families.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
LitLab is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This is an hourly position and will not exceed 20 hrs/week.
The hourly wage ranges between $17-$25/hr. depending on experience and salary history. Mileage is reimbursed when traveling to and from work locations over 10 miles.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Laura Reed, Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org