we promote, support, and strengthen local arts and culture
Community Manager Opening
Park City Summit County Arts Council
The Park City Summit County Arts Council is seeking a full-time Community Manager to support the organization’s marketing, programming, and administrative activities. The position will report to the Executive Director and serve as a critical part of our small team. We’re looking for a digitally-savvy, hard-working, self-starter who believes in the value of arts and culture and is excited about growing the impact of our organization.
Founded in 1986, the Park City Summit County Arts Council is one of the oldest arts and culture organizations in our community. Our mission is to promote, support, and strengthen the local arts and culture ecosystem through marketing, programming, and policy/advocacy activities. We serve as a central resource for arts and culture information, produce arts and culture programming, and support the growth of the local creative sector.
1. Content Management and Development (25%)
– Manage the editorial calendar to ensure it reflects current and upcoming arts and culture activity, calls for artists, and other relevant information.
– Maintain the Arts Council website.
– Draft blog posts to promote upcoming events and activity.
– Manage a team of volunteer writers and guest photographers.
– Generate and post content on our social media feeds.
– Work with contracted marketing firms to manage advertising and content campaigns.
– Work with pro bono and contracted designers on marketing collateral.
– Generate content and deliver monthly newsletters to our subscribers.
– Develop strategy for growing our subscribers and fan base, managing list segmentation, and ensuring we are meeting user needs.
2. Event Planning and Execution (25%)
– Manage event production and promotion.
– Staff programs and events.
– Develop event timelines and workplans.
– Develop event budgets and track expenses.
– Recruit, manage, and acknowledge event volunteers.
– Create and manage survey tools to collect event feedback from participants.
– Prepare summary reports on lessons learned from events and ideas for the future.
3. Relationship Management (10%)
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with all local arts and culture organizations.
– Build new relationships with the creative community.
– Monitor and respond to social media content engagements and community questions.
– Positively represent the Arts Council in public settings and at events.
4. Administrative Management (35%)
– Maintain the Arts Council’s grant calendar and ensure proposals and reports are submitted on time.
– Assist the Executive Director with tasks such as donor mailings, scheduling meetings, and financial tracking.
– Recruit and manage Arts Council interns.
– Support the County’s Public Art Board.
– Other administrative duties as needed.
5. Data Collection and Management (5%)
– Keep track of key data metrics to assess user reach, engagement, interaction across all marketing channels.
– Maintain Arts Council mailing lists and manage list segmentation.
– Compile monthly analytic reports for the Executive Director and Board.
Demonstrated experience handling similar tasks and responsibilities. Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with skill and good humor. Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow an organization and its impact. Understanding of what’s possible in digital marketing, a vision for new programming, and an ability to take direction and run with ideas. Strong interest in the arts and knowledge of the Park City Summit County arts and culture landscape. College degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, arts administration, or related field. Two years of comparable work experience preferable. Basic computer skills required. Salary range $35-45K commensurate with experience.
Please send an email to Hadley Dynak, Executive Director and attach your resume. Include in the body of the email a letter summarizing your background/experience and why you think the position is a good fit with your professional interests. More information about the Arts Council is available on our website: pcscarts.org. No phone calls please.
Hadley Dynak // Executive Director// firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.pcscarts.org/jobs/ →