Remote/Hybrid Schedule: Usual work hours 9:00a – 5.30p/ Current required minimum 1 day in the office per week
Office location: Miami City Ballet, 2200 Liberty Ave Miami Beach
Exemption Status: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $43k – $50k
ABOUT MIAMI CITY BALLET
At Miami City Ballet, we recognize that our most important assets are our employees who possess and believe in living out the following values to deliver on our promise. If you’re passionate about arts and the role it plays in elevating and enriching lives through the following values, we want you on our team.
· AUTHENTICALLY MIAMI – We are energetic, diverse, dynamic, and welcoming
· CURAGEOUSLY COLLABORATIVE – We are part of the communities we serve. We value each person’s contribution and collectively solve problems because our greatest achievements come when we band together.
· DRIVEN BY EXCELLENCE – Relentless dedication to getting better every day, onstage and off. We care deeply about the caliber of our work, and we won’t settle for less.
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator plays an important role in developing, implementing and managing campaigns and initiatives that are integral to the overall marketing and promotion of Miami City Ballet’s performances, programs and events. This role will assist the marketing team in delivering MCB’s digital strategy including social media, email marketing and website content delivery. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will have practical expertise of digital marketing principles and practices. We’re looking for someone who understands the power of digital to develop and engage audiences.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be confident and eager to take initiative when they see opportunity. A hands-on team player, this role requires someone who is proactive, enjoys being a part of a close-knit team, has a willingness to help where need, is eager to learn and appreciates direction and advice.
The Marketing Coordinator will enjoy a collegial environment and the opportunity to work across a range of marketing projects to promote the joy and beauty of this world-class ballet company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for managing the cross departmental social media calendar to ensure we are highlighting the stories coming from every department at Miami City Ballet
· Social media community management – continue to build and foster relationships with our followers and audiences across Miami City Ballet and Miami City Ballet School platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Tik Tok)
· Draft copy, source existing images and video, publish in real time and schedule content for Miami City Ballet and Miami City Ballet School’s social media accounts.
· Stay up to date with industry trends and best practice.
· Work closely with the marketing team to ideate and help produce platform-specific content for to drive ticket sales and engagement
· Drafting, editing, building and scheduling outbound email marketing campaigns using MCB’s email software, Wordfly. Including but not limited to innovative and best practice sales eblasts, content/news emails and triggered emails.
· Maintain the cross-departmental MCB communications calendar and ensure business practices and rules are upheld.
· Work closely with the Associate Director of Marketing to deliver regular post-campaign email reporting.
Website / Digital Projects
· Coordinate updates and additions to the MCB website i.e. ticket links, blog posts, new pages, landing pages
· Make basic updates and edits to the website where needed.
Department and relationships
· Play a key role in the Marketing and Customer Relations team, contributing to marketing campaign planning and the collaborative working style of the team.
· Undertake digital marketing related tasks/support and ensure effective liaison and collaboration with MCB departments at all levels, including for Development, Box Office, School, HR, Artistic.
· Maintain campaign calendars and other scheduling resources up to date
· Ensure proper downloading and saving of documents, photos and video content to the share drive
· Coordinate administrative processes such as content approvals and notices
· Process invoices and track expenditure in MCB marketing budgets
· Keep up to date with industry trends, innovation and benchmarks as they relate to digital marketing.
· Follow Company brand standards in the execution of marketing strategies for all digital communications.
· Be an active participant in cross-departmental teams.
· Work closely with the marketing team to deliver research projects as required.
· Attend Miami City Ballet functions, events and performances to provide support where needed.
· Other reasonable duties as required.
· A minimum two years digital marketing experience using social media sites (FB, IG, YouTube) effectively to engage and grow community and increase B2C conversions (sales, registrations)
· A passion for digital technology coupled with knowledge of current and trending practices
· Strong copy writing and proof-reading skills with obsessive attention to detail
· Proficiency with email marketing practices including experience developing, building, segmenting and reporting on email campaigns
· Flexibility to pivot nimbly and positively in a dynamic environment of shifting priorities and deadlines
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Experience in handling agency and supplier relationships
· Strong PC IT skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to learn new programs as required.
· An interest in the performing arts, entertainment and cultural sectors
· Post-secondary education (diploma, certificate) in marketing, communications, media or related field
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop) and website content management systems
· Experience using CRM databases e.g. Salesforce, Tessitura (MCB’s ticketing and CRM database).
· Experience preparing and delivering regular reports; a basic understanding of analytics and statistics.
This job description describes the broad scope of the role and is not an exhaustive list. It may also change from time to time with due consultation to meet the changing needs of the business.
To apply, please email:
2. Cover letter briefly outlining your experience specifically in relation to the essential qualifications listed above. Applications will not be considered if they do not address the essential qualifications.
3. Three examples of your digital marketing work (links or attachments are fine – not large files please)
Email your application to email@example.com. No agencies or phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org