Website Manhattan Neighborhood Network
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is a conceptual self-starter who is responsible for channeling their talent and expertise to develop, write, and edit compelling and effective content for use on key social media outlets in support of MNN’s overall organizational strategy and brand. Reporting to the Director of Development & Marketing, the Social Media Marketing Coordinator will serve as a steward of MNN’s voice as it translates to all current and emerging social media platforms. The full-time position is focused on producing content as well as reporting using available analytics and KPIs.
· Generate original content (posts, interactive content, reels, stories, articles, etc.) for posting across MNN’s current social media platforms, including but not limited to multiple Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok accounts.
· Manage MNN’s YouTube and online video channels and presence.
· Adapt copy and content originated by MNN departments, partner organizations, and other sources into social media posts that are appropriate for each platform.
· Create and assume responsibility for managing MNN’s social media content calendar.
· Develop and report KPIs, including analytics, across all social media platforms, and use those to make recommendations.
· Develop and implement paid campaigns across relevant platforms.
· Integrate social strategy and execution with MNN’s web and email channels.
· Respond to messages sent via social profiles in a manner that is both timely and reflective of MNN’s voice. Direct messages as necessary to MNN staff.
· Stay informed about updates or changes to social media platforms and adjust MNN’s presence accordingly.
· Make recommendations about new or emerging social media platforms on which MNN should have a presence.
· Shoot video and photos as needed to create appealing and effective original content for social media.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as required, including but not limited to, assisting with special projects, assisting with events, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or equivalent.
· At least two years of experience managing social media for a business, non-profit, or professional organization.
· Proven track record of producing effective content.
· Experience with social scheduling, advertising, posting, and reporting services and platforms, including Facebook Business Suite.
· Knowledge of basic video editing and graphics software, including Canva, Photoshop, and Premiere.
· Understanding of analytics and KPIs across all platforms.
· Strong familiarity with and understanding of photography, design, and video trends and best practices.
Other Job Requirements
· Strong interest in community media.
· Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
· Position may require evening and weekend work hours.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement. MNN seeks to empower local voices and diverse views.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org