Website Independent Film & Television Alliance
global trade association of the independent motion picture & TV
The AFM Showcase is a new initiative of the American Film Market.
The Director of Sponsorship is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the AFM Showcase sponsorship program, including identification, cultivation and stewardship of sponsors, both cash and in-kind. Sponsors are expected from the film industry (B2B), consumer products & services (B2C) and Santa Monica businesses (local). This is part-time (20-30 hours per week) position based in Los Angeles. Compensation is both salary and commission.
The position reports to the AFM Showcase Executive Director.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to identify, solicit and close cash and in-kind sponsors.
- Develop dynamic custom proposals for each solicitation with creative ideas for sponsor activation that clearly demonstrate ROI.
- Create an active pipeline of prospects through research and tracking of sponsor activity.
- Engage in active follow-up with prospects via email, phone, and in-person meetings.
- Working with Showcase Executive Director, develop the list of sponsorship benefits and packages.
- Coordinate with AFM staff to ensure that sponsorship solicitation and activations are seamlessly consistent with the AFM brand and do not conflict with AFM sponsors.
- Oversee fulfillment of all sponsor agreements, including activation and wrap documentation.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Two years of sponsorship sales, preferably with film festivals or other Southern California arts events.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and closing B2B, B2C and local sponsorships of $5K – $50K.
- Excellent management, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly entrepreneurial self-starter with strong initiative, sense of urgency & ability to multi-task and work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Superior oral, written communication and presentation skills; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and clarity.
- Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary history (resumes without salary history will not be reviewed), in confidence, via email, mail or fax to:
Director, Human Resources & Administration
Independent Film & Television Alliance
10850 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
No calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org