Firelight Media is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing emerging documentary filmmakers who tell stories about people, places, cultures and issues that are underrepresented in the mainstream media, and to developing audiences for their work. Firelight’s key programs include the Documentary Lab, which mentors emerging filmmakers of color, and the Partnerships & Engagement branch, which develops campaigns and builds relationships between media makers and community and advocacy organizations. Firelight Media’s Documentary Lab Coordinator supports the day-to-day operations of the Documentary Lab program.
The Lab Coordinator will work closely with the Documentary Lab Director and Manager, and will be key point of contact on program, communications, and logistical matters for Lab Fellows and Mentors. This person must be versatile, flexible and highly organized. The coordinator must be an excellent writer and must possess strong program managerial and communications skills.
The Lab Coordinator is a key position ensuring efficiency of program logistics, communications and external relations. The Coordinator must be able to work closely with all program staff and participants to promote an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork. In addition, the Coordinator will be energetic and eager to discover and invent solutions to substantive, programmatic and administrative challenges, and will thrive in a small but growing organization. The Coordinator will possess good judgment as well as a sense of humor. Personal alignment with the mission and goals of the organization is essential.
Program Management & Logistics
· Support the day-to-day management and reporting of processes related to Fellow recruitment, intake, assessment, workplan and skills development, and mentor assignment
· Schedule and organize logistics for programmatic activities, meetings, travel and conferences, etc
· Maintain program calendar
· Provide admin assistance to the Lab Director and support maintenance of meeting calendar
· Support implementation of the Next Step Media Fund
· Create and maintain Fellow resource database of funding and public media station opportunities
· Create and maintain directory of diverse production crew and digital professionals
· Provide logistical support to the Regional Labs as well as the Digital Shorts Series
Communications and External Relations
· Organize events and film screenings to strengthen the Lab’s public presence and cultivate audiences of color
· Liaise with fellows to document key accomplishments, including funding, press, screenings, and broadcasts
· Manage Documentary Lab’s social media platforms and ensure proper sharing and promotion of Documentary Lab news and updates
· Develop calendar of key events in the independent film and public media field, including film festivals, forums, markets, and conferences
· Ensure that all Firelight Media and Firelight Films staff remain informed of Documentary Lab activities
· Support partnership cultivation
· Bachelor’s Degree and program or administrative experience required
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Apps
· Knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress, and Social Media tools a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and work under short deadlines
· Even temperament and sense of humor
· Prior work in the arts, independent film, public media, social justice, or other not-for-profit organizations a plus
Interested candidates should forward resume, salary requirements and cover letter by April 21, 2017 to email@example.com. Please be sure to put Documentary Lab Coordinator in the subject line.
Firelight Media is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.