Website Doc Society
Doc Society Inc. (formerly known as BRITDOC) is looking for an enthusiastic, efficient and self-motivated individual to join our Brooklyn based team as Good Pitch Local Outreach Coordinator. The person in this role will support the team’s outreach and engagement work for the Good Pitch Local US program through 2018.
The successful candidate will become a core member of a small team in a fast-paced, agile, creative and hardworking not-for-profit environment. We are looking for a highly organized Outreach Coordinator – with proven experience in project coordination and delivery – ready to jump in confidently to support a busy program of activity as the Good Pitch Local program tours in 2018. The post-holder will be based in our office in DUMBO, New York.
We are looking for the candidate to commence employment as soon as possible in the run up to our next edition of Good Pitch Local in Texas in early February 2018. For more information on the Good Pitch Local program and where it’s heading over the course of next year, see our website https://goodpitch.org/local and below.
Key roles and responsibility:
● Research and mapping of potential participants for Good Pitch Local events in collaboration with local advisors and the Doc Society team.
● Pursue prospects (local and national organizations, press, media, funders, media-makers) via email and phone to secure their engagement and participation in the live event
● Outreach and engagement with media-makers and organizations to invite, monitor and process applications for pitches at the live event. Tracking the most urgent local stories and the best people to present these ideas at the event, with maximum potential to catalyze powerful local coalitions.
● Record all pitch ideas for presentation to and discussion with the Doc Society team to finalize line-up of pitches and content at the live event.
● Collate evaluation and monitoring information for each edition of the Good Pitch Local program as per the needs of our funders and partners.
● Contribute to strategy, research and planning of future Good Pitch Local events (expected destinations to include Michigan, Arizona, Georgia and Mississippi through 2018).
● Strong Excel skills
● Confident communicator
● Organized and self-motivated
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Ability to work within a small team environment and also independently
● Comfortable working in an agile and entrepreneurial organization and happy to work across multiple projects to tight deadlines
● Carry out all responsibilities in a way which supports Doc Society values and promotes equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion
● Be an ambassador for Doc Society and maintain a professional approach at all times
● Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required
Salary: $35k per annum
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm. Extended working hours including evenings and weekends may be required during peak production periods.
Holiday: 19 days paid annual leave + 9 days holiday
Health, dental and vision benefits (further details shared with shortlisted candidates).
Report to: Doc Society’s Good Pitch Local Consulting Producer Patricia Finneran.
Please send your resumé and a cover letter detailing:
1. How you meet the job specification
2. What you can bring to the role
3. Why you’d like to be part of Doc Society and the Good Pitch Local program.
Please do not apply if you are looking to work in film production as this is not a film
Please email applications to email@example.com, with “Good Pitch Local Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday 1st December 2017, 5pm EST.
You must be available for interview (in person at the Brooklyn office and/or via skype with our UK team) on the week commencing 4th December 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an assessment in advance and an aptitude based exercise at interview.
We should like the post-holder to start as soon as possible but ideally no later than January 8th 2018.
Should you have not heard from us by January 8th you should assume that your application has not been successful. We will be unable to give feedback to applicants not selected for interview.
To learn more about Doc Society, its activities and core values, please visit www.docsociety.org
DOC SOCIETY Inc’s office is located in DUMBO, New York and is shared with other creatives in a bright, open plan office. Occasional travel may be required with advance notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
DOC SOCIETY Inc, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org