Chicken & Egg Pictures is seeking a Donor Engagement Officer to grow and strengthen its fundraising program.
The ideal candidate thrives on meeting new people and building relationships. You have an exceptional talent for and track record in designing and implementing strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors to nonprofit organizations. You are motivated to build a stewardship program, ensuring sustained and active partnerships with individual donors, foundations, and corporations. This newly created position is an opportunity for you to contribute to Chicken & Egg Pictures’ growth, ensure the sustainability of the organization, and make your mark.
Come join an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team that is truly passionate about advancing our mission of supporting women nonfiction filmmakers globally.
WHO WE ARE
Chicken & Egg Pictures is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports women nonfiction filmmakers whose artful and innovative storytelling catalyzes social change. We envision a world in which women nonfiction filmmakers, representing a range of diverse experiences and backgrounds, are fully supported to realize their artistic goals and visions, build sustainable careers, and achieve parity in all areas of the film industry.
Since 2005, we have supported over 220 films, providing over $5.2 million in grants and thousands of hours of mentorship and creative support. We are known for our ability to spot exciting new talent and compelling projects with great potential. We elevate and amplify voices that make universal themes accessible, personal, and resonant. Additional information on our programs may be found on our website.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing a comprehensive moves management program for Chicken & Egg Pictures. Working collaboratively with the team, you will create customized solicitation and cultivation strategies that match the objectives and interests of prospects and donors. With donor engagement plans, you will increase retention rates and maximize support, such as through one-on-one meetings, special events, briefing calls, and opportunities to “see the work.” You will manage your own portfolio, as well as support solicitation and stewardship activities for the Executive Director, Co-Founders, and the Board’s portfolios. Some of your responsibilities are to:
- Identify opportunities and strategies for achieving new and increased gifts;
- Conduct follow-up to sustain and advance prospective donor relationships;
- Manage an assigned portfolio of $1K+ donors and prospective donors to meet an annual revenue target;
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute cultivation events, in collaboration with the External Relations Manager;
- Conduct donor research, prepare donor packets and presentations for meetings, and maintain and provide relevant and timely promotional materials;
- Brief and debrief solicitors prior to and following meetings and events;
- Prepare annual revenue projections;
- Assist in development, communication, and external relations projects, as assigned.
You will work with every member of the Chicken & Egg Pictures team and Board of Directors and will report to the Executive Director. In particular, you will work closely with the External Relations Manager, who oversees all communications and many parts of Chicken & Egg Pictures’ fundraising, including drafting of proposals and reports, event planning, and donor tracking.
This position is based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
WHO YOU ARE
To be successful in this position, you will excel in three areas:
- Organization and coordination ability: You are adept at initiating and managing multiple, complex projects resulting in measurable success and growth. This is, in part, thanks to your meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through, and prioritization skills. You bring your strong work ethic and “whatever it takes” disposition to every project. You are tech savvy and quickly learn new tools and platforms. You also enjoy working behind the scenes, making sure that your organization shines externally.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: You consider relationship building and networking with a diverse range of people to be one of your strongest talents. You bring a friendly, outgoing, and collaborative approach to your work. In terms of writing and editing, it is concise, compelling, and you tailor it to engage and persuade donors and prospects. Your sense of humor, initiative, and flexibility are among the traits that make you a valuable team member.
- Critical and strategic thinking skills: Your knowledge of best practices and trends in fundraising principles and methodologies makes you an effective tactical and strategic thinker. You have excellent judgement, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills. You are curious, a life-long learner, and you value a diversity of thought, background, and perspective.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and at least six to eight years of experience working in nonprofit fundraising with progressive responsibility. You include among your experiences and accomplishments:
- A successful record securing meetings with prospective donors and soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts;
- Consistent achievement of annual fundraising goals;
- Knowledge of moves management protocol;
- Superior ability to research and identify major new funding prospects;
- Successful experience designing and running donor cultivation events;
- Adept at maximizing the utility of development databases (preferably Salesforce) and prospect research tools.
The Donor Engagement Officer is willing to travel occasionally and is able to attend organizational activities on evenings and weekends. Knowledge of the film and social justice fields is a plus.
A passion for advancing the mission of Chicken & Egg Pictures is a must!
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
Start date: August 2017
Deadline: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. First-round interviews will take place in early May and final interviews will be in early June.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Physical Demands: No unusual physical requirements. Nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility. The job requires the ability to see information in print and electronically.
Work Environment: Chicken & Egg Pictures’ main office is located in Brooklyn, NY and is shared with other film industry companies in a bright, open plan office. A satellite office is located in San Francisco, CA. Occasional travel may be required, with advance notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Chicken & Egg Pictures is an at-will and equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQ community. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status or medical condition, including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include “Donor Engagement Officer – [your name]” in the subject line. Kindly include where you learned about this position opening. Please, no phone calls. We will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org