Website California Film Institute
Mill Valley Film Festival
Guest Services Coordinator
Location: San Rafael, CA (15 minutes North of the Golden Gate Bridge)
Dates: August 15 – October 21, 2022
About Mill Valley Film Festival:
Founded in 1978, the Mill Valley Film Festival is a world-renowned 11-day event held every October, screening over 200 innovative US and international films for over 60,000 attendees. MVFF has a stellar reputation as a filmmakers’ festival with a high-profile, prestigious, non-competitive environment celebrating the best in independent and world cinema in gorgeous Northern California.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment:
We strive for a culture where people sense like they are valued, can bring their whole selves to work free of oppression, injustice, harassment or discrimination, and that they experience belongingness through a common purpose. We are taking steps to ensure that the California Film Institute is a safe and equitable space for staff members, filmmakers and audiences alike by incorporating inclusivity, diversity and accessibility measures into our business plan and tangible KPIs to hold ourselves accountable to serve and engage diverse audiences through our work. We are also working to examine racial justice internally in order to drive self-discovery and best inform how we can change practices and utilize our voice and position within the community.
About the job:
As Guest Services Coordinator, you’ll craft a most excellent and memorable experience for guests attending the Mill Valley Film Festival.The department is responsible for coordinating air and ground travel, accommodations, and Festival benefits for filmmakers, panelists, and other guests. You’ll ensure a solid and intentional guest experience – one that welcomes guests with hospitality and has them depart with an effective relationship with the Festival.
In this role, you can expect to grow in your strengths, versatility, and competencies. You can expect an inclusive, eager team who’ll support you in it, rise to the challenges with you, and grow together. You can expect the opportunity to do your best work here and to be counted on.
- Manage individual communication with guests regarding their festival visit and logistics
- Maintain guest information in festival database and other shared platforms
- Stay within budget
- Communicate any / all guest, budget, vendor, personnel or other issues to supervisor before issues arise whenever possible
- Arrange for booking of guest air travel
- Track all travel expenses, itineraries, and details in the festival database
- Arrange ground transportation for Festival guests to/from airports, hotels, screenings, and events.
- Work with box office to fulfill ticket requests for filmmakers
- Create and deliver all welcome packets for guests
- Create individual itineraries for welcome packets
- Attend related events, as needed
- When necessary, be at theater screenings to greet guests and facilitate filmmaker introductions to executive director and programming director
- Oversee guests’ experience while at the Festival and be available to answer guest phone calls
- Arrive to work on time daily, and manage work and hours to end work at reasonable time each night
- Submit a detailed wrap report prior to contract end and participate in post-festival wrap meeting
Our ideal candidate has:
- Thrives working independently and on a team
- Superb organizational and administrative skills
- Detailed, disciplined, and thorough.
- Strong computer skills, with thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, FileMaker Pro, Google Apps
- Grace under pressure; can do attitude
- Excellent customer service, and public interaction skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and bring projects to completion despite conflicting deadlines
To apply, please submit:
- Your resume including two references
- Two (2) writing samples
- Cover letter
California Film Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our policies prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org