America ReFramed is looking for a marketing and branding whiz to join the small team as our Jr. Associate, Communications.
The ideal candidate will have experience across social media and newsletter platforms; experience generating dynamic assets and copy; and exemplary written communication skills. She/he will be expected to prepare and present ideas and deliverables on a regular basis, research trends to help us grow our audiences and increase brand visibility.
This full-time staff position works under the direct supervision of the series’ Coordinating Producer. Responsibilities and duties entail working closely with Programming and Engagement Associate as well as liaising with AmDoc Marketing and Communications department to ensure robust and consistent communication about series brand and activities.
- Know series’ programmed films
- Draft and edit series marketing & communications assets (newsletters, awards applications, one-sheet)
- Implement social media calendar
- Produce social media assets
- Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drive growth against weekly and monthly targets to keep building our audience and cross-platform video views
- Engage in social listening and research to make recommendations about content creation and community engagement.
- Keep abreast of the latest development of social media best practices, trends, tools and recommend new strategies with meaningful measurements.
- Draft, implement and maintain series of social media activities and infrastructure (Facebook, Twitter)
- Co-lead the assessment of key metrics for growth of social media presence & engagement
Screen programmed films
- Produce assets and copy for series promotional outreach and activity (i.e. branded images, weekly social media toolkits, episode one-sheets)
- Archiving press hits & community feedback.
- Represent the series and liaise with American Documentary’s Marketing and Communications department to ensure robust and consistent brand messaging and communication.
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Understanding of Brand Voice & Positioning
- Experience with Design Software
- Interest in Data Analysis & Testing Optimization
- Strong interest in documentary films and current affairs a plus
- Attention to detail
- Committed to the series’ values of advancing diversity and anti-racism
Classification and Salary:
Full-time, non-exempt, hourly position with an equivalent annual salary of $42,000-44,000, commensurate with experience. American Documentary’s comprehensive benefits package includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, paid time off and public holidays, and a 403(b) retirement/employer matching plan.
The position is for immediate hiring and will be remote until further notice. In response to ongoing concerns around COVID-19, American Documentary staff continue to work remotely and limit travel and in-person meetings.
American Documentary: A national nonprofit media arts organization, American Documentary (AmDoc) strives to make essential documentaries accessible as a catalyst for public discourse. We collaborate with passionate filmmakers to amplify their voices, and to nurture the nonfiction community.
POV: American television’s longest-running showcase for independent nonfiction films. POV premieres 14–16 of the best, boldest, and most innovative programs every year on PBS. Since 1988, POV has presented over 400 films to public television audiences across the country. POV films are known for their intimacy, their unforgettable storytelling, and their timeliness, putting a human face on contemporary social issues
American ReFramed: America ReFramed is a year-round documentary series that illuminates the changing contours of our ever-evolving nation. A co-production with the WORLD Channel, the series launched in 2012 to respond to the growing need for intimate and diverse stories that are domestically based. Viewers are immersed in personal stories that span the spectrum of American life and are invited to reflect on topics as varied as healthcare, politics, gun violence, religion, and more. America ReFramed has won GRACIE, Christopher, Telly, and Cine Golden Eagle Awards, and received nominations for an EMMY, Independent Documentary Association, and Imagen Awards.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org